Skip to main content

Letter to Nani

Dear Nani,
 
The day before yesterday, I couldn't recognize your voice over telephone. I am feeling sorry for that. more than that I am ashamed to myself. Hope you are doing well there and you are living whatever meant by happily". Its not the fact that I only miss you when festivals like Dashain* and Tihar* occurs. But it is when I miss you profoundly. The 15 days of Dashain has already started, and I am not sure which day is today. I think the main day of the festival is coming within days.
Once upon a time, I used to enjoy all days of the festival. You used to be with us and the whole family used to be together. Nowadays, festivals don't matter to me. They do not add any charisma into my life. Festivals come. Festivals go. Kathmandu is reeling with varieties of weather. Yesterday it was raining. Now I am seeing a sunny day through the window of my room. Birds and kites are competing to fly higher. The only difference is that, kite is connected to thread and birds are totally free. The Fulchoki Mountain is covered with clouds and that have scattered all over the sky. I am seeing bunches of flowers blowing with the wind, at the top stairs of the next building, as if the flowers are ready to jump out of the roof. Not a less beautiful canvas of nature, than of Leo Nardo Da Vinci and Pablo Picasso.


You know my office is near to the airport. I see a plane every single minute. They come they go. Like festivals. They matter to their stakeholders only. I remember, one day you were drained to that land, with full of dreams. The then aeroplane mattered to me. The height mattered to you too. I was stopped by the security guard in the airport. I returned home and waved my hand to the plance, that was carrying you with your dreams. I don't know how much your dreams have come true. But they should come true. I know you think big and you think smart. I have a big salute to all planes that are never tired of carrying the dreams.


I am affected with flu since last two days. Still I am coming to office, coz I have to. Today I have closed the slider of the window. So, I am not feeling the gentle breeze that is saying good bye to summer. You know my table in office faces the south. I mean to the direction of our home. You know mom is alone in home. Man is the only animal in this universe that feels solitude. Our little Sanu has also joined me into the life of monotony. I welcomed him into the jungle of concrete, wishing him all the best so that he will not be lost here.

urs

thule

Comments

  1. Dear kamal Bhai,
    many of yours blog, read this blog with loud voice.i enjoy reading loud.epeciallly Memories!
    I like it.And i can imagine your feeling.I wish you and sane all the best.
    I am here when morning is there dark is here

    ReplyDelete
  2. taking ur words,
    ok as i already am in the "jungle of concrete" i can understand ur entire feelings, i suppose ,which has been now our common feeling.....each one of ur word make a sense i found going thru ur page......being a university student i prefer ur blog more appriciable and valid than those bulky books ,unpractiable being science itself and useless being worthful itself .....welll good job man.....i suppose ur blog should be published and brought as a compulsory text book in each school of nepal ....coz here's some sense....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Question

I love questions without answers And answers without question Tell me Would you answer Or question? Sometimes no question is question And silence Is the best answer How many questions exist between One silence to another silence How many answers Lie between One question to another I love moments without memories And memories without moments Would you be My memory or moment? If you asked me same question I would rather be silent.

ट्याक्सी नम्बर ५९५९

गंगा तटमा रचिएका टैगोरका आत्मकथा, सत्यजित रे र रितुपर्नो घोषका फिल्म, भुपेन हजारिकाका गीत र अरु यस्तै इधर-उधरले कलकत्ता जाने हुटहुटी लामो समयदेखि मनमा थियो । यसपालिको दशैं विदामा त्यो तिर्खाले शान्ति पायो । सँगै काम गर्ने हामी चार सहकर्मी एक-एउटा झोला भिरेर सुनौली हुँदै गोरखपुरको रेल पकड्न रमाना भयौं । उसो त कलकत्ता नेपालबाट सबैभन्दा नजिकैको बन्दरगाह पनि हो । पूर्वी नाका काकडभिट्टाबाट जाँदा धेरै छोटो पर्ने थाहा भइकन पनि हामी पश्चिमतिर लागेका थियौं । किनकि गोरखपुरबाट रेल धेरैबेरसम्म चढ्न पाइन्छ । भारत यात्रामा सँधै रेलले आकर्षण गर्छ । रेलमा दिनभरि, रातभरि दौडिरहनु मात्रै पनि यात्राको आधासरो आनन्द हो । गोरखपुरबाट बिस्तारै हिँडेको पूर्वान्चल एक्सप्रेस कहिले तुफान हुन्थ्यो कहिले कुनै अनजान पटरीमा अर्कोतिरबाट आएको रेलगाडीलाई साइड दिन घन्टौं कुरेर बस्थ्यो । रेलका हरेक डिब्बामा कम्तिमा चार वटा शौचालय हुन्छन् । तर यसरी अन्जान ठाउँमा रेल रोकिएको मौका पारेर यात्रुगणहरु ढोकाबाट फुत्त फुत्त जमीनमा हाम्फाल्थे र क्षितिजमा उडेका बकुल्लाका बथान हेर्दै मूत्र बिसाउँथे । स्टेशन न स्टेशन, कोही कोही प

कति पटक १२ बज्यो होला जिन्दगीमा?

१२ बजे गएको थियो भुइँचालो च्यापेर लालाबाला हुित्तँदै आँगनमा झरेकी उनी रातभरि टोलाएकी थिइन् तीन आँख्ले तारा हेर्दै परदेशीको सम्झनामा १२ बजेतिर खोलामा भैंसी आहाल बस्थ्यो र उनी डोकाभरि घाँस काटिरहन्थिन् खोलाको डिलमा बसेर धोर्जे सुसेली रहन्थ्यो छिमेकको एउटा बुढो लाहुरे बल्छी बोकेर आउँथ्यो खोलामा १२ बजे कहिले घाम लाग्थ्यो कहिले पानी पर्थ्यो कहिले त बाढी नै आएको थियो चट्याङ परेको थियो हुरि चलेको थियो धुलो उडेको थियो रेडियोमा गित बजेको थियो स्कुलबाट केटाकेटी छिटै घर फर्केका थिए छिमेकीको घरमा सत्यनारायण पुजाको पर्साद खाने बेला भएको िथयो पेट दुखेको थियो जुलुस देखिएको थियो रत्यौली नाचेका थिए गाउँभरिका आइमाइहरु १२ त कति बज्यो कति जिन्दगीमा कहिले दिउसोको १२ बज्यो कहिले रातीको १२ बज्यो कहिले ताराहरुले १२ बजाए कहिले फ्याक्ट्रीको साइरनले १२ बजायो कहिले घरमाथि पर आकाशमा उड्ने हवाइजहाजले १२ बजायो कहिले भोका बाख्राले १२ बजाए परदेशीले बर्सौंअघि ल्याइदिएको भित्ते घडीमा ब्याट्री सक्किएको छ र १२ नै बजेको छ तर अफशोच घडीको ब्याट्री बोकेर आउनेछैनन् अब परदेशी फर्केर