Skip to main content

A day off

A day off from office, I am fighting with the lazy day in my flat outside the ring road. Ring road is a 20 miles long road that surrounds this crowded city. It has also helped the expansion of the crowd of the city. Ring road has been a status symbol for the neo urban people of this city. So where do you live? Somebody would ask me. I would say sukedhara....hmm what dhara? Is it inside or outside ring road? People inside the ring road think there is no Kathmandu outside ring road. New people who want to settle in kathmandu or want to begin their business prefer to be not far from ring road,


In recent years the real estate business in Kathmandu has taken it's being in unprecedented way.....I will continue later.

I am starting this note again nearly after 5 hours. It is the last week of February. It started raining all of sudden. There is this roof of tin over the ladder of this house. And the rain fall on the tin is creating a loud music of drum. Well, just before i started writing this i was standing at the door, watching a plane in the middle of the cloud. The angle and rotation of this small domestic airline hinted me that it was about to land on the runway, which is not so far from this place. I was wondering how pilot would tackle the rain and all other challenging weather.

To be honest, I have many times thought about seeing a plane crashing down live. That's why i watch each and every planes in the sky when i hear it's sound. I have a big interest in airplanes since my childhood, so my small brother had.

I think, I was in grade five or six and my brother was three years younger than me. In my hometown, about 30 miles south of Kathmandu, we rarely saw airplanes. In a fine weather, we used to see small images of aircraft flying very high on the sky. We, along with other children if my age would run on the street, watching over the sky and saying 'airplane…..airplane'

My small brother always used to ask me a question, 'dai, how does airplane fly?' poor me, i had no answer. In our government school we were taught abcd at the fourth grade, how could i know how does an airplane fly? We did not have google at that time, we did not have television at that time, the only media we did have access to was radio Nepal, on which i remember i only used to listen patriotic songs and news.

But the question of my brother was not going to stop. Whenevr we saw airplane in the sky, he started asking the same question, 'how does airplane fly'.

Later, i started to cook my own answer. I used to tell him that, inside a airplane there is a big gear kind of thing, when the pilot takes the gear forward, the plane goes forward,, when the pilot pulls the gear upward the plane comes up and so on.....thank god my brother never asked what happens to the plane when the gear is pulled back.

My random how does stuff work proved somehow to be true, i kinda knew later in my life, how does airplane work.

Comments

  1. tapaile lekheko harek kabita, katha, lekh man parcha malai...............

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

गुगल गर्ने कि !

प्रश्नै प्रश्नको यो दुनियाँमा उत्तर चाहिँ गुगलसँग छ तर विशाल सूचनाको भण्डार गुगलको भरपुर फाइदा लिन केही तरिका भने जान्नै पर्छ । वेब सर्चको लागि गुगल प्रयोग गर्ने संसारका कूल इन्टरनेट प्रयोगकर्ताको ८० प्रतिशतमा तपाईं पनि पर्नु हुन्छ होला । त्यसो भए तपाईंले गुगलमा धेरै जसो के खोज्नु हुन्छ ? सूचनाको विशाल डाटावेश बोकेको गुगलको सर्भरबाट तपाईंले अत्याधिक फाइदा लिनु भएको छ त? हामीमध्ये कतिलाई त गुगलबाट के के समेत खोज्न सकिन्छ, अनि सही सर्च रिजल्टका लागि कसरी सर्च गर्ने भन्ने टीप्स एण्ड ट्रीक्स थाहा नहुन पनि सक्छ । आउनुहोस् आज हामी गुगलमा केही रमाइला अनि केही ज्ञानबर्द्धक सर्च गरौं।

ट्याक्सी नम्बर ५९५९

गंगा तटमा रचिएका टैगोरका आत्मकथा, सत्यजित रे र रितुपर्नो घोषका फिल्म, भुपेन हजारिकाका गीत र अरु यस्तै इधर-उधरले कलकत्ता जाने हुटहुटी लामो समयदेखि मनमा थियो । यसपालिको दशैं विदामा त्यो तिर्खाले शान्ति पायो । सँगै काम गर्ने हामी चार सहकर्मी एक-एउटा झोला भिरेर सुनौली हुँदै गोरखपुरको रेल पकड्न रमाना भयौं । उसो त कलकत्ता नेपालबाट सबैभन्दा नजिकैको बन्दरगाह पनि हो । पूर्वी नाका काकडभिट्टाबाट जाँदा धेरै छोटो पर्ने थाहा भइकन पनि हामी पश्चिमतिर लागेका थियौं । किनकि गोरखपुरबाट रेल धेरैबेरसम्म चढ्न पाइन्छ । भारत यात्रामा सँधै रेलले आकर्षण गर्छ । रेलमा दिनभरि, रातभरि दौडिरहनु मात्रै पनि यात्राको आधासरो आनन्द हो । गोरखपुरबाट बिस्तारै हिँडेको पूर्वान्चल एक्सप्रेस कहिले तुफान हुन्थ्यो कहिले कुनै अनजान पटरीमा अर्कोतिरबाट आएको रेलगाडीलाई साइड दिन घन्टौं कुरेर बस्थ्यो । रेलका हरेक डिब्बामा कम्तिमा चार वटा शौचालय हुन्छन् । तर यसरी अन्जान ठाउँमा रेल रोकिएको मौका पारेर यात्रुगणहरु ढोकाबाट फुत्त फुत्त जमीनमा हाम्फाल्थे र क्षितिजमा उडेका बकुल्लाका बथान हेर्दै मूत्र बिसाउँथे । स्टेशन न स्टेशन, कोही कोही प

Question

I love questions without answers And answers without question Tell me Would you answer Or question? Sometimes no question is question And silence Is the best answer How many questions exist between One silence to another silence How many answers Lie between One question to another I love moments without memories And memories without moments Would you be My memory or moment? If you asked me same question I would rather be silent.